Policies & Guidelines
We reserve the right to cancel or modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under other circumstances where it appears that the rates or details of the reservation contains or resulted from a mistake or error.
A daily resort fee of $35 plus tax provides every guest with:
- Access to Fitness Center, indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs, tennis courts, and seasonal lawn games
- Unlimited local and toll-free phone calls
- Wireless high speed internet access
- Self-parking (Valet parking is available for an additional $15/day)
- In-room bottled water refreshed daily
- In-room Nespresso coffee maker
- In-room safe
- Umbrellas for use during rain
- Pool towel service
- Sunscreen by the pool
- 24-hour access to the business center
- Chilled towels and outdoor poolside refreshments daily, including frozen non-alcoholic tropical drink samplers at 1pm, popsicles at 2pm (Seasonal)
- Shuttle to local beaches and downtown Portsmouth
100% of the resort fee is used to support these services. No portion of the resort fee constitutes a gratuity, and no portion goes to any resort associate.
State tax 8.5% lodging tax applies to all reservations
CREDIT AND DEBIT CARD POLICY
The credit or debit card used for booking must be the same card presented for payment along with a valid photo ID upon check-in. In addition to the deposit(s) taken prior to arrival, a pre-authorization amount will be placed on your card at check-in. This is a temporary hold of a specific amount – it is not a charge to your account, but it can create a hold on those funds or against credit availability. We also may charge your card for any damages to the room or premises you or your guests cause. Once your actual incurred charges are posted at check-out, based on your bank, credit card company, or institution’s policy, it can take anywhere from 24 hours to 30 days for the original pre-authorization amount to be removed. It is your responsibility to be aware of how your bank, credit card company, or institution handles all of your transactions, including pre-authorizations. The hotel will not be responsible for any delay in releasing funds, or returning availability or any fees or charges by your bank, credit card company, or institution as a result of your use of a credit or debit card. We are unable to remove pre-authorizations directly through our hotel. We do not accept any third-party billing. This policy applies for all reservations.
Wentworth by the Sea welcomes well-mannered dogs 30 lbs. or less. Guests bringing dogs must have them leashed at all times when outside of the room and will be charged a non-refundable fee of $100 per night, per dog; maximum of two dogs per room. Room type and location restrictions may apply, including pools, spa, and dining areas. Guests will be responsible for any property damage inadvertently caused by their dogs. Housekeeping service during your stay should be arranged either when you and your dog are not in the room, or if you are, the dog must be leashed or crated.
Certified service dogs that provide assistance to individuals with disabilities are welcome at the hotel and are not subject to the policies and restrictions described above.
A $30 extra person fee may apply for additional guests ages 18+. For guest safety and optimal comfort in our accommodations, no additional bedding outside of the existing bed configuration in our guest rooms and suites will be provided – this includes roll-away beds and cots. Wentworth by the Sea no longer provides roll-away beds. Limited number of Pack & Plays are available for children upon request.
All guest rooms, guest room patios, balconies, and the pool area are non-smoking. A $250 cleaning/deodorizing fee will be charged if a room/balcony has evidence of smoking. In addition, the restaurant and bar areas, inside and out, are also non-smoking.
Guests must be 21 years or older to reserve a room and check in.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Check-in begins at 4pm and check-out is 11am. At check-in, the front desk will verify your check-out date. Rates quoted are based on check-in date and length of stay. Early departures result in a charge of a full night’s room and tax. If departing during a minimum stay requirement period, guests will be charged for the entire stay.
RESORT ETIQUETTE & GUIDELINES
- A damage recovery fee will be charged after check out if the room and/or its contents are damaged.
- Access to pool facilities are limited to registered guests of the resort.
- Private umbrellas and tents are not permitted.
- Personal audio/music devices are not permitted in pool areas or balconies.
- For safety reasons, coolers, ice chests, glass containers, grills and/or cooktops, or outside food and beverages are not allowed in the pool area.
- Food and beverage consumption in our lounge or restaurant is limited to food and beverage items purchased from the resort.
- On-premise parking is limited to in-house guests only. Trailers or boat parking is not permitted.