Your Home Away from Home at the Doorstep of Acadia National Park
Live Like a Local
A Perfect Home Base for Your Unique Group
Four bedrooms and four bathrooms, an office with space for a least two workers, a great room stocked with board games, a kitchen that was built with entertaining in mind – this is a house designed to accommodate groups of all different scores. Whether you’re a professional whose job has brought you to the Downeast region, a remote employee looking to leverage the magic of Mount Desert Island’s backdrop, a couple who fancies a secluded summer outpost to host visitors on the weekends, or a multi-generational family ready to make Maine summer vacation memories, The Willow House will accommodate with aplomb.
Meet the Amenities
This is more than just a house, this is your launching point to maximize all that Mount Desert Island offers.
Two Resorts Just a Stroll Away
The amenities of the Harborside Hotel, Spa & Marina – plus sibling Opal property, West Street Hotel – are just down the road from The Willow House. And as a registered guest, you have access to it all, including the trio of pools, variety of restaurants, gym and tennis courts, as well as Opal Spa.
Park Pass Included
The beauty of Acadia National Park is that it’s so vast and varied, exploring every nook and cranny of its 47,000 acres would take a lifetime. And since you’re here for at least a month, there plenty to pack in. That’s why an annual park pass is included for your use throughout your stay.
Play on the Property
Activities Right On-Site
There are plenty of activities if you’re looking to do a day entirely on-property. All you need to do is turn to the back yard boasting a grill, fire pit with Adirondack chairs, and lawn games galore – everything from volleyball and badminton to horseshoes and cornhole.
Rainy Day Diversions
Game On for Game Night
The house comes stocked with board games for a night of friendly competition between families or competitive couples. Classics include Scattergories, Sorry!, Monopoly and many more.
Policies & Potpurri
How to Book
- Monthly rates start at $20,000. Nichole Sargent, General Manager of the West Street Hotel is the acting Willow House ambassador and personally handles all reservation inquiries. Here is how to contact her:
- Email: [email protected]
- In-season phone number (May – October): 207.288.0825
- Off-season phone number (November – April): 207.460.6129
Additional House Details
- First floor:
- Expansive, open-concept entertainment area with a wet bar that flows to a Chef’s kitchen equipped with a double oven and oversized Miele refrigerator. French door access from the kitchen/entertainment area to the fenced-in back yard
- Dining room that seats six
- Formal living room with ocean views
- Office with ocean views equipped with two workstations
- Mudroom/washroom with dog door and large washer/dryer
- Separate, first floor wing which houses the primary suite. Includes a large bathroom with radiant flooring, double sinks, walk-in shower, and soaking tub, an expansive walk-in closet, and a stunning vaulted-ceiling bedroom with a fireplace and access to the fenced in back yard from a set of French doors
- Second floor:
- Second floor primary king bedroom with en suite bathroom with double sinks and large, walk-in shower, and a walk-in closet
- King bedroom with ocean views
- Two twin bedroom with ocean views
- Bathroom with tub/shower combo
- Back deck with grill
- Fire pit with Adirondack chairs in the back yard
- Attached one car garage and detached two-car garage
- The Willow House is intended to be a home away from home, so we want guests to stay a while (a minimum of 31 days, to be exact). Travelers who may have flexibility on travel dates and length of stay are encouraged to contact The Willow House ambassador.
- How can it be a home away from home if your four-legged friend isn’t allowed? Dogs are welcome to stay at The Willow House. A one-time fee of $1,000 will be assessed. Dog bowls, waste bags, a dog bed, collapsible dog bowls for hiking, and some treats will be provided to ensure your pooch has a pampered stay.
- The daily resort fee is waived, but Willow House guests are still encouraged to use the resort amenities of West Street Hotel and Harborside Hotel
- Housekeeping will be provided upon request