Luxury MDI Living
Welcome to The Willow House
West Street Hotel, in partnership with its sister Opal Collection property, the Harborside Hotel, is thrilled to introduce this custom-designed four-bedroom, four-bathroom private home rental in downtown Bar Harbor. A rare find and exciting addition to Opal’s Bar Harbor portfolio, The Willow House sits on one acre of land directly across from the Bar Harbor Historical Society at the top of West Street. Even with its prime location at the doorway to downtown Bar Harbor, the home is quietly tucked under whimsical weeping willows to offer the privacy and ambiance that is sought after in vacation home rentals.
A Downtown Bar Harbor Vacation Rental That Sleeps 8
The Willow House Amenities
Like an Airbnb, but better. Enjoy all of the resort amenities of West Street Hotel and Harborside Hotel, Spa & Marina, and then some.
Pool Hop in Bar Harbor
Two Luxury Resorts in Your Back Pocket
Registered guests of The Willow House enjoy access to both hotels’ amenities, including the restaurants, Opal Spa, gym, and tennis courts. But the highlight is sure to be the pools. West Street Hotel’s rooftop pool, Harborside’s marina-front pool, and the oceanfront Poolhouse at the Bar Harbor Club are the three locales to pool hop between. Better yet, in the summer months, food and beverage service can be delivered right to your chair. All the benefits of resort living, sans resort fee.
Anytime Access to Acadia
One Annual Park Pass
It’s safe to assume if you’re spending a month at The Willow House, a park pass would be handy. An annual pass will be provided for your use throughout your stay.
Sunny Day Diversions
Every inch of this property is to be enjoyed. Grill some local catches, toast a few s’mores, and play a variety of lawn games including volleyball, badminton, horseshoes, and cornhole.
Rainy Day Fun
Board Games to Keep Everyone Entertained
The house is fully stocked with all the classics. Feeling competitive? Try Monopoly, National Parks Edition! Cards, Skip-bo, Scattergories, Sorry!, and many more are available to choose from. There’s something for ages 2 – 92.
Policies & Potpurri
How to Book
- Monthly rates start at $20,000. Nichole Sargent, General Manager of the West Street Hotel is the acting Willow House ambassador and personally handles all reservation inquiries. Here is how to contact her:
- Email: [email protected]
- In-season phone number (May – October): 207.288.0825
- Off-season phone number (November – April): 207.460.6129
Additional House Details
- First floor:
- Expansive, open-concept entertainment area with a wet bar that flows to a Chef’s kitchen equipped with a double oven and oversized Miele refrigerator. French door access from the kitchen/entertainment area to the fenced-in back yard
- Dining room that seats six
- Formal living room with ocean views
- Office with ocean views equipped with two workstations
- Mudroom/washroom with dog door and large washer/dryer
- Separate, first floor wing which houses the primary suite. Includes a large bathroom with radiant flooring, double sinks, walk-in shower, and soaking tub, an expansive walk-in closet, and a stunning vaulted-ceiling bedroom with a fireplace and access to the fenced in back yard from a set of French doors
- Second floor:
- Second floor primary king bedroom with en suite bathroom with double sinks and large, walk-in shower, and a walk-in closet
- King bedroom with ocean views
- Two twin bedroom with ocean views
- Bathroom with tub/shower combo
- Back deck with grill
- Fire pit with Adirondack chairs in the back yard
- Attached one car garage and detached two-car garage
- The Willow House is intended to be a home away from home, so we want guests to stay a while (a minimum of 31 days, to be exact). Travelers who may have flexibility on travel dates and length of stay are encouraged to contact The Willow House ambassador.
- How can it be a home away from home if your four-legged friend isn’t allowed? Dogs are welcome to stay at The Willow House. A one-time fee of $1,000 will be assessed. Dog bowls, waste bags, a dog bed, collapsible dog bowls for hiking, and some treats will be provided to ensure your pooch has a pampered stay.
- The daily resort fee is waived, but Willow House guests are still encouraged to use the resort amenities of West Street Hotel and Harborside Hotel
- Housekeeping will be provided upon request