Opal’s Newest Gems Shine Bright in Florida
- Across Opal
- Top Activities
- Florida Gulf Coast
- Florida East Coast
- The Atlantic Suites on the Ave
- The Lucie
- The Capri Inn
The Sunshine State just got a little bit shinier with the premiere of three new properties within Opal Collection – one set on the Gulf Coast side, the other two on the Atlantic Coast. Here’s a peek at the hallmarks of the new hotels ready for hosting your next Florida vacation.
Opal Collection’s footprint in Florida has grown yet again, welcoming three newly refreshed properties to the portfolio of luxury hotels and resorts as of this spring: The Capri Inn, located near downtown Naples; The Atlantic Suites on The Ave in the heart of Delray Beach; and The Lucie, set on the azure waters of Jensen Beach in Hutchinson Island. Read on to get a personal introduction, all which premiered in early 2023.
The Capri Inn: Secluded Coastal Cool a Stone’s Throw from Naples
One thing guests are already raving about after experiencing this 59-room boutique property: Its sense of utter seclusion and tranquility despite being so close to the entertainment districts of downtown Naples. Located in a residential area about a five-minute walk from major landmarks like the Tin City shops and Fifth Avenue South, it truly has a very quiet feel, allowing patrons to reap the best of both worlds.
It also doesn’t hurt that The Capri Inn – formerly the Trianon Old Naples – also underwent a major refresh prior to its February 2023 opening, swapping the dated décor of muted greens and dark woods with coastal-chic touches that are a feast for the eyes. Think breezy light blue and cream-colored walls, beige couches, and rattan woven chairs, intermingled with pops of hot pink and turquoise in the form of throw pillows, wall art, and flowers.
- Stand-Out Room: While the property boasts spacious one-bedroom suites and rooms overlooking downtown Naples, the hallmark accommodation is undeniably the property’s privately gated, two-bedroom Coquina Cottage, shrouded in greenery on the corner of 7th Avenue South and 10th Street South. Highlights include a private lawn featuring cornhole, two patios with lime-green rocking chairs, an oversized walk-in glass shower in the master bedroom, a full kitchen with brand-new modern appliances, and a fireplace in the living room.
- Amenity Not to Miss: Baby blue Sun cruiser bicycles are included with your stay for exploring nearby Naples, including sibling Opal property, Edgewater Beach Hotel, for lunch or dinner at Coast. Don’t feel like pedaling to these points of interest? The property also owns a GEM, a small lightweight, electric vehicle available for chauffeuring guests to spots like the beach, Fifth Avenue South, Tin City, and Cambier Park.
- Hidden Highlight: Breakfast pastries (chocolate or raspberry-filled croissants, flavored Danishes, muffins, and more) available in the lobby lounge are made fresh by beloved local pastry purveyor, Mikkelsen’s Pastry Shop. Grab a specialty coffee made by the on-site barista and then head to the outdoor brick courtyard accented with pergolas and a bubbling water feature.
The Atlantic Suites on the Ave: Suites a Block from the Beach & Bustle
Easy access to the powdery white-sand beach and bustle of Atlantic Avenue is a beautiful thing. But that shouldn’t overshadow the apartment-style luxe living that make up the all-suite hotel of The Atlantic Suites on The Ave. In fact, some suites that sleep up to between eight and 10 people, featuring multiple bathrooms each with their own bathtubs, full-sized kitchens and living rooms, and balconies overlooking the pool.
The cherry on top of it all is that come end of July, all 131 studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom suites will be fully renovated, ensuring that you will always be sleeping in a sea of style with touches like marble bathrooms and glossy, sea glass-colored tiled backsplashes.
- Stand-Out Room: Again, all the accommodations are spacious, but guests love the two-bedroom suites with a balcony overlooking the art deco-inspired pool.
- Amenity Not to Miss: Each suite is anchored by a roomy kitchen, packed with all the essentials and then some: pots and pans for the two-burner cooktop, full-sized refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, Nespresso coffee maker, and dinnerware.
- Hidden Highlight: In Delray Beach, there’s no shortage of drool-worthy dining options worth bellying up to. Options within walking distance include Sandbar, 50 Ocean, and Bostons on the Beach. But did you know one of the newest dining options in Delray Beach resides at sibling Opal property, Opal Grand Resort & Spa? Less than a five-minute stroll away, Drift was designed to take diners on a journey – not just through cuisine that is rooted in Italian, Mediterranean, and Caribbean traditions, but for the way the restaurant evokes the sense of drifting out to sea with nautically-inspired elements of woven rope, billboard-sized murals of sailboats, and living green walls accented with driftwood.
The Lucie: The Best of Jensen Beach at Your Beckoning
There’s a lot to take in at this newly renovated property that became a part of Opal in January: a jewel of a pool surrounded by swaying palms and pergolas, refreshed rooms incorporating crisp white linens, ample natural light that floods in from the floor-to-ceiling windows, and Floridian seascape scenes that take you on a tour of the state.
But as much as the 110 rooms of The Lucie have to show, they’re only elevated by their unobstructed and unrivaled views of the azure waters of Jensen Beach, where the property sits. Accessible via a short, wooden boardwalk, the best of this beach – one of 17 on tranquil and quiet Hutchinson Island – is all yours to explore.
- Stand-Out Room: Many of the rooms feature glass-enclosed balconies, but only the eighth-floor rooms have access to extended balconies that hug the top of the building. The result is a delightful place to take in sunrise or sunset and relax to the sounds of lapping of waves,
- Amenity Not to Miss: During the renovation, the fitness center received brand-new equipment, including two ellipticals, treadmill, Peloton bike, and, of course, a weight rack. Worked up an appetite? The Lucie offers bites at its on-site pool bar and bistro, but for a really immersive culinary experience, consider heading to sibling property Hutchinson Shores Resort & Spa just a mile away. Here, the resort’s signature restaurant, Drift Kitchen + Bar, serves up Italian- and seafood-inspired in a light and bright coastal-cool atmosphere.
- Hidden Highlight: Nestled in the corner of the pool, a hot tub is accented with a trickling waterfall feature, perfect for meditative moments during an early morning soak.